Thursday, May 9, 2013

Senegal Africa

Ive traveled to seven different countries in my thirty three years of living. Senegal Africa made the most impression.  I watched the sun go down as the moon rised and watched the sky turn pink orange and yellow.  I sailed  over a pink river which was rich with pure white salt.  I visited Goree Island, where slaves were bought sold and killed. What stood out the most was family unity.  Families were so rich in love and unity ,that it made me feel a sense of sadness  because I yearn for the wealth of togetherness within my own family.  
Family values are not that different in other countries, it's what each family endures that may make a difference.  In Senegal, the people overcame extreme slavery and war during those times family was all they had.  In America education and status out way family values, therefore it is up to us to build a future where family will come first.

No comments:

Post a Comment